@Remote (Smart Meters & eService)
Working better together
@Remote, Ricoh's Smart Metering, can be set up to provide a range of automated print fleet management services. @Remote can report on how much and how often your print devices are being used - collecting meter readings automatically to achieve accurate and efficient billing.
eService, available anytime via the Ricoh eService Portal (ricoh.co.uk/eservice), offers a convenient online self-service option for customers to quickly submit meter readings, order toner and request support. Utilising eService to help manage any non-@Remote compatible or non-networked print devices, as well as supplement any automated services provided via @Remote.
For print fleets including @Remote compatible print devices, use eService
- In conjunction with automated meter readings from @Remote
- To log service calls, as well as submit toner orders online at any time
With @Remote and eService - customers and Ricoh alike - are able to reduce administrative effort and cost associated with manually collecting and processing meter readings, ordering toner and requesting service support over the phone. The combined offering is also aligned to the environmental interests we share with customers.
- To configure and switch on @Remote for all NEW compatible print devices as quickly as possible (this includes new devices ordered and those used for fleet refreshes). Please note: whilst new print devices are being @Remote enabled, we will utilize estimated billing.
- To help address any technical or security related questions or concerns you may have, via the @Remote & eService Help Desk (contact details at the end of this section).
- To notify you when all NEW print devices have been successfully @Remote enabled and provide your organisation with access to the @Remote Reporting Portal.
To ensure Ricoh is aware of the full contact details of all relevant people from your organisation who have a role to play in ensuring @Remote and eService are used effectively.
To notify the @Remote Help Desk of any IT related changes that may impact the @Remote service (includes: IP address changes, devices disconnected or moved to other locations, etc).
To ensure meter readings are submitted prior to the LAST CALENDAR DAY of the month (based on your billing cycle end date) via the eService Portal if using eService to submit meter readings for non-@Remote compatible devices or a compatible Ricoh device that you have disconnected from the network.
- Features & benefits
- @Remote provides automated meter reading submissions providing you with accurate, up-to-date feedback on print operations and usage
- eService provides a simple alternative to non-@Remote compatible equipment, as well as handling requests for support or supplies
- Reduces administrative burden on staff, allowing them to focus on serving customers
- Ensures more accurate billing and forecasting, helping print providers manage their finance and operations more effectively