Vote for your Ricoh Director of Rugby of the Season
In what has been one of the most competitive Gallagher Premiership Rugby seasons, the men at the helm have had it all to do as the battle for League positions intensified over nine months of competition.
And for the first time ever, the public are being asked to cast their vote for which of the 12 Directors of Rugby are most deserving of taking home the Ricoh Director of Rugby of the Season award.
Voting is open on the app now [Tuesday 30 April] and closes at 5pm on Thursday 2 May so to cast your vote open or download the official Premiership Rugby app, access the polls section in the More menu tab and pick your favourite.
The public vote will then be added to that of the official judges with the overall winner being announced on Wednesday 22 May at the star-studded 2019 Premiership Rugby Awards, presented by Gallagher.
- Todd Blackadder (Bath Rugby) – Has kept Bath Rugby in the hunt in what is his final season before heading to Japan
- Pat Lam (Bristol Bears) – Has kept Bristol Bears in the top-six shake-up in their first season back in Gallagher Premiership Rugby
- Rob Baxter (Exeter Chiefs) – Exeter Chiefs secured the earliest home semi-final in Premiership Rugby history
- Johan Ackermann (Gloucester Rugby) – Has led Gloucester Rugby to the semi-finals for the first time in eight years
- Paul Gustard (Harlequins) – Has Harlequins in the hunt for a semi-final spot in his first season in charge
- Geordan Murphy (Leicester Tigers) – Took over from Matt O’Connor after just one game and has helped Leicester Tigers battle against relegation
- Dean Richards (Newcastle Falcons) – Couldn’t repeat last season’s heroics that saw Newcastle Falcons reach the semi-finals
- Chris Boyd (Northampton Saints) – In his first season in charge led Northampton Saints to the Premiership Rugby Cup Final and they currently sit fourth in the League
- Steve Diamond (Sale Sharks) – Continues to impress in the North West, with Sale Sharks currently occupying the final Heineken Champions Cup spot
- Mark McCall (Saracens) – Has led Saracens to another Heineken Champions Cup Final as well as securing a home League semi-final
- Dai Young (Wasps) – Wasps are still in the hunt for a Heineken Champions Cup spot next season as they currently sit seventh with two games remaining
- Alan Solomons (Worcester Warriors) – Secured Gallagher Premiership Rugby status with a thrilling victory over semi-final bound Gloucester Rugby last time out
Previous winners of the award are Dean Richards (2018 & 2001), Dai Young (2017), Mark McCall (2016, 2014, 2013), Mike Ford (2015), Rob Baxter (2012), Jim Mallinder (2011), Andy Key (2010), Richard Cockerill (2009), Dean Ryan (2008), Pat Howard (2007), Philippe Saint-Andre (2006), John Wells (2005), John Connolly (2004), Warren Gatland (2003), Conor O’Shea and Brendan Venter (2002), and Andy Robinson (2000).
- Gallagher Premiership Rugby Player of the Season
- Gallagher Community Player of the Season
- BT Sport Dream Team
- Citizen Try of the Season
- Land Rover Discovery of the Season
- Premiership Rugby 7s Player of the Season
- Top Try Scorer of the Season
- Gilbert Golden Boot
The winners at the 2019 Premiership Rugby Awards, presented by Gallagher, will be announced first on Twitter via the @premrugby account. Use hashtag #2019PremAwards to join the conversation