Unique 360° experience puts fans amongst celebrating saracens
Rugby fans can get closer to their heroes than ever before thanks to a unique 360° experience that takes viewers in amongst the celebrating players and captures the incredible live experiences and numbers from Saturday’s Aviva Premiership Rugby Final at Twickenham Stadium.
Using innovative Ricoh camera technology, the film from Aviva takes fans on a full 360° journey through the day of the Final, which saw Saracens run out 28-20 winners over Exeter Chiefs on a dramatic afternoon.
The exclusive film gives viewers the ability to scroll 360° around a range of immersive perspectives from the day, whilst simultaneously experiencing the key numbers and statistics from the Final. Key experiences include:
- Celebrating amongst the winning Saracens players as they sprayed champagne
- Being amongst the pack of photographers as Saracens captain Brad Barritt lifted the trophy
- Walking through the throngs of fans as the teams arrived at Twickenham Stadium
- Being inside the finalists’ dressing rooms as the kit men hang up the shirts
- Running out with the teams as they emerge from the tunnel to a wall of noise for kick-off
- Being on the Twickenham Stadium pitch at half-time as 120 Aviva Tackling Numbers children play tag-rugby in front of 77,109 fans
The Aviva Premiership Rugby Final 360° film was created with support from Ricoh, Official Partner of Premiership Rugby, using Ricoh WG-M2 4K action cameras. The film was shot and produced by Immersive VR for Aviva.
Notes to Editors
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive. For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping customers.