At Ricoh, we operate within a culture of sustainability, and we use our internal thinking and processes to help you recognise and harness the relationship between your company, your employees, your customers and the environment. . This is accomplished through Ricoh’s portfolio of sustainability services, products and products features.
The following products and services have been designed to help businesses optimise energy usage and running costs:
- Sustainability Optimisation Programme - A five-step consultancy process that helps achieve immediate, measurable reductions in document workflow CO2 emissions.
- Carbon Balanced Production Printing - A three-step consultancy approach that helps production print service providers analyse, optimise and neutralise carbon emissions.
- Energy efficient products - Through innovations like Quick Start-Up technology, low energy sleep mode, a short recovery time from sleep to operating mode and a reduced toner fusion point, many of our products are market leaders in energy efficiency.
- Energy management tools and software - Many of our products come with built-in and add-on features designed to boost energy efficiency:
- Weekly timer - turns devices off at night and over weekends, reducing energy use by up to 40%
- Eco night sensor - turns off devices when it detects darkness
- EcoMode -the most energy efficient timer setting that promptly pushes devices to the sleep mode
- Energy and paper usage visualisation tools - reports on the energy and paper usage of individual users
- @Remote diagnostics software - tracks performance of fleet devices against sustainability targets and tracks sustainability performance of fleet devices against sustainability KPIs
Ricoh's sustainability offerings include a rich portfolio of Reduce, Re-use, Recycle products and services that are supported by Ricoh's own Comet Circle principle and are in a pefect fit with the circular economy requirements.
- Reused products, parts and supplies - GreenLine devices, Ricoh's portfolio of certified pre-owned devices; GreenLine parts and supplies - pre-owned components are recovered to start a new life within a Ricoh product.
- End of life management - The Ricoh Resource Smart Return programme facilitates the easy return of end of life products and used consumables.
- Smaller, lighter parts - Many of our latest MFPs are over 65% lighter and smaller than previous models in their class. Our ethos is to use less resources to develop robust devices.
- Recycled materials from alternative sources - Biologically reproducible biomass resources like bio-based plastics and biomass toner form an integral part of our manufacturing process. Our devices are partly made of bio-based plastics and electric furnace steel.
- Resource efficiency built into our products
- High speed duplex – To help save paper, all Ricoh MFPs come with duplex functionality as standard for easy double-sided printing
- Staple-less finisher – A unique Ricoh MFP feature that allows up to five pages to be bound together without the need for a staple
- Print&Share Eco print driver - Helps reduce paper usage and waste with a single click by eliminating unwanted prints and merging white space to print multiple pages on one sheet.
- Recycled and sustainably sourced paper - Our office products are all designed to work optimally with recycled paper and our own paper range comes from sustainably managed forests.
Ricoh's human well-being offerings include products and services addressing inclusivity, end-user well-being, comfort and security.
- Print security products and services - Through a combination of Ricoh secure hardware, software and technical expertise, we help our customers improve print security and confidentiality.
- Pre-owned products for developing countries - Low cost pre-owned devices are made available to developing countries to meet their demand in colour products.
- Inclusive design and accessibility solutions - Our office equipment is designed to incorporate features that improve accessibility and facilitate ease of use to meet the requirements of any end-user.
- Our hybrid power MFP - For disaster relief activities and developing nations that face frequent power outages, we’ve developed a battery-powered MFP that works when the power grid isn’t available.
- User/operator well-being - products and services that address the operator's health, safety and well-being.
These are only a few ways how Ricoh’s Sustainability management portfolio can help you be more energy efficiency, resource smart and contribute to the well-being of your staff. Contact us today to discuss how we can help your organisation move toward a more sustainable future.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
If you didn't find what you were looking for then contact Ricoh and we can help you.