Ricoh in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
In keeping with our slogan - imagine.change – we focus on harnessing the potential of new technology to enhance our information services. The following timeline shows you what we’ve been up to since our early days in Europe. Alongside organic growth, we’ve invested in a number of strategic acquisitions to widen our service offering across a number of regions.
- Acquired Impromat, a leading digital office solutions distributer in Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Extended IT services expertise with acquisition of leading UK information management consultancy Ridgian
- Expanded operations into Middle East as part of overall strategy to support customers in key emerging markets
- Leading Italian IT Services company NPO Sistemi joins the Ricoh Group
- Accelerated expansion in Turkey with acquisition of distributer Saral Buro Pazarlama Limited Sirketi, Merkezi (Saral) alongside assets from office and production printing system distributer Ofisteknik
- Acquired productive unit of technology consultancy Aventia in Spain
- Established new subsidiary in Turkey to provide services and support to commercial and corporate printers in the region
- Acquired assets of German IT services company ADA
- InfoPrint Solutions became part of the Ricoh Group, leading us to emerge as the leaders in imaging solutions technology
- Acquired Swedish distributer and supplier of IT solutions, Carl Lamm, and extended the company’s existing offering into Sweden and the wider Nordic and EMEA regions
- Acquired document management system and services provider IKON Office Solutions Inc. to expand our sales and service network and strengthen our production printing business
- Acquired Danka Europe and IKON France to expand our service and support offerings in major countries in Europe
Acquired Hitachi and IBM Print Divisions to add new products and solutions to our production and general office portfolio
- Lanier and Savin became part of the Ricoh Group, providing stronger support and new solutions to our national and global markets
- Acquired the NRG Group PLC (Nashuatec, Rex-Rotary, Gestetner, formerly Gestetner Holdings PLC) in the UK
Established in 1936, Ricoh Company, Ltd. is based in Tokyo, Japan and has a global presence. With over 108,000 employees worldwide, we specialise in the office and production printing markets.
We work with organisations around the world to modernise work environments and optimise document efficiency. We also develop imaging devices, industrial products and network systems solutions.
Follow this link to find out more about our global history.